My work has been reported on by the media:
- Technique quickly identifies extreme event statistics: Machine-learning model provides risk assessment for complex nonlinear systems, including boats and offshore platforms, MIT News, Oct 2018.
- M. A. Mohamad, A. J. Majda, Eulerian energy spectra estimation from Lagrangian drifters through joint data assimilation and MCMC parameter estimation, in preparation.
- M. A. Mohamad, A. J. Majda, Recovering the Eulerian energy spectrum from noisy Lagrangian tracers, Physica D, p.132374 Jan 2020. [pdf]
- M. A. Mohamad, A. J. Majda, Eulerian and Lagrangian statistics in an exactly solvable turbulent shear model with a random background mean, Physics of Fluids, Volume 31 (10), p. 105115, Oct 2019. [pdf]
- M. A. Mohamad, T. P. Sapsis, A sequential sampling strategy for extreme event statistics in nonlinear dynamical systems, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Volume 115 (44), pp. 11138-11143, Oct 2018. [pdf] [supporting information]
- H. K. Joo, M. A. Mohamad, T. P. Sapsis, Heavy-tailed response of structural systems subjected to extreme forcing events, ASME Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, Volume 13 (9), p. 090914, Jul 2018. [pdf]
- H. K. Joo, M. A. Mohamad, T. P. Sapsis, Extreme events and their optimal mitigation in nonlinear structural systems excited by stochastic loads: Application to ocean engineering systems, Ocean Engineering, Volume 142, pp. 145-160, Sept 2017. [pdf]
- M. A. Mohamad, W. Cousins, T. P. Sapsis, A probabilistic decomposition-synthesis method for the quantification of rare events due to internal instabilities, Journal of Computational Physics, Volume 322, pp. 288-308, Oct 2016. [pdf]
- M. A. Mohamad, T. P. Sapsis, Probabilistic response and rare events in Mathieu's equation under correlated parametric excitation, Journal of Ocean Engineering, Volume 120, pp. 289-297, Jul. 2016. [pdf]
- M. A. Mohamad, T. P. Sapsis, Probabilistic description of extreme events in intermittently unstable systems excited by correlated stochastic processes, SIAM/ASA Journal on Uncertainty Quantification, Volume 3 (1), pp. 709-736, Aug 2015. [pdf]
- M. A. Mohamad, T. P. Sapsis, Efficient sampling for extreme event statistics of the wave loads on an offshore platform, The 30th American Towing Tank Conference, West Bethesda, Maryland, Oct 2017.
- T. P. Sapsis, M. A. Mohamad, Probabilistic quantification of extreme events in complex systems, 9th European Nonlinear Dynamics Conference, Budapest, Hungary, Jun 2017.
- T. P. Sapsis, M. A. Mohamad, H. K. Joo, Extreme response mitigation of stochastically forced nonlinear structures, 9th European Nonlinear Dynamics Conference, Budapest, Hungary, Jun 2017.
- M. A. Mohamad, T. P. Sapsis, Probabilistic response of Mathieu equation excited by correlated parametric excitation, Proceedings of STAB 2015, Glasgow, UK, Jun 2015.
- M. A. Mohamad, T. P. Sapsis, Analytical approximation of the heavy-tail structure for intermittently unstable complex modes, Proceedings of the Dynamic Data Driven Environmental Systems Science Conference, Cambridge, Massachusetts, Nov 2014.